
Ever wonder about the nutritional content of your CPK foods? So have I. I've been searching high and low to no avail. I tried to email through the "contact us" link on the http://www.californiapizzakitchen.com/ website, but it was blocked. So I called 1-800-919-3227 and spoke to whoever first answered the phone, "Keisha."
I asked where I could find the nutritional info on their pepperoni pizza, which I had for lunch today. She said the only information they provided was on their products sold in grocery stores. I asked why... Keisha replied that the company chooses not to make public the nutritional information on their restaurant items. I asked why again, as if I might get a different answer, but added that some may like to know for dietary needs. Keisha apologized but could not offer any information.
I'm shocked. In this day and age of dieting, people are paying attention the labels. I've seen the labels on CPK's frozen pizzas and frankly, they are not that bad. I would assume the same could be said for the restaurant items, but if CPK is not willing to disclose this, I would have to believe otherwise.
CPK needs to step up and join the ranks of their competition! Besides, it's become a fad, a useful fad, but a fad nonetheless, to list nutritional info! Go to http://www.pfchangs.com/ and they offer all the nutritional details you want on every single menu item. It's quite beautiful. One can make wiser choices and still enjoy eating out.
California Pizza Kitchen: Get your nutritional information out the public! Stop hiding! Your menu looks fairly healthy... so take advantage of this marketing angle and let us know what's in there!
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment