It looks like it is going to be a done deal, Obama is going to get the nod for nomination. I'm torn here. I don't mean to be the guy saying that the emporer has no clothes, but, I just don't know what he has substance-wise. I know that's an easy critcism to lob at someone, and Obama in particular, but let me explain.
I have listened to a lot of his campaign speeches, and in particular I am thinking of his win speech last Tuesday, April 6. I think he's got a positive attitude, but I think he speaks in generic cliches. Yes, I agree, I'd love to see this country go from polarized to more unified. I'd love to see blue collar workers be able to support their families on a blue collar worker salary. I'd love to see the US pull out of the war in Iraq. But, other than his saying these things, I don't know HOW he'd do any of these things.
Does Clinton have any more substantive answers? Yes, but not by much. I have to give her credit for having the hands-on learning experience having tried to implement national healthcare back in 1992. I agree with her that the government needs to act on such matters as healthcare reform and I respect that she's been there.
But, it does appear that Obama will be the Dem's candidate. Will I vote for him over McCain? Yeah, of course I will. The more I hear McCain, the more unsettled I feel. Just his stance on the military's future in Iraq is enough for me to not want him for President.
Anyway, have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment